Get to know the rural world, popular culture and Asturian traditions in a guided tour of the Ruta de Pepín
The Route of Pepín or Route of the Cheese, the Cider and the Popular Culture will offer you a different vision of the town of Sirviella, in the council of Onis.
It is developed in these five parts:
- Guided tour of the village of Sirviella, commenting on its landscape, architecture, hórreos and popular culture.
(Walk for all publics and ages)
Duration approximately 1 hour.
- Cider tasting. Visit to the “llagar” of our property, explanation of all that surrounds the processes of obtaining and consuming the Asturian drink par excellence.
Stay at the “llagar” for approximately 30 minutes.
- The Shepherd’s Hut. Visit to a perfect replica of a Mayan cabin in Picos de Europa. Discover the way of life of the shepherds and the description of how they made traditional artisan cheeses.
Stay in the cabin for approximately 30 minutes.
- Domestic animals of native breed. Xalda sheep, Bermella goat, Asturcones and pita pinta among others. We will get to know these animals closely and how some of them have overcome the danger of extinction in which they found themselves.
Duration 15 minutes approximately.
- Traditional meal. We will finish the visit sitting at the table, tasting delicious traditional Asturian rations watered with plenty of cider (tortos, black pudding, cheese, tortillas,…) No one will leave our traditional espichas hungry.
1 hour of gastronomic delight.